Wednesday, September 21, 2011

5 generations complete!

I have completed 5 generations of my family tree! Lately I have made several big discoveries that filled in gaps in the generation of my great great grandparents (which I plan to write about soon), and today, I found the very last one. In the responses to a message I posted on GenForum, I have found the name of my maternal grandfather's paternal grandmother (try saying that 5 times fast). It is... *drum roll* ... Annie Broughton! Annie was born around 1862, almost certainly in England.

I also learned that Beaumont Jackson (Annie's husband) was the son of John Jackson and Ann Beaumont. This is interesting, because that means Beaumont got his name from his mom's maiden name, and then my grandpa got it as his middle name from his grandpa. So this is now my grandpa's (and uncle's) middle name, and it all started with his great grandmother's maiden name.

I am so excited about this.

Now, it's time to focus on the great great great grandparents. So far, I have 14 out of the 32 (though I think I have a couple more kicking around that I just haven't put on the computer yet).

2 comments: