Saturday, December 10, 2011

Advent Calendar - December 10: Christmas Gifts

This post is part of a series for the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories. See all my posts in this series.

I think my family's Christmas gift tradition was pretty typical. When us kids went to bed Christmas Eve, there were a few presents under the tree, and when we got up Christmas morning, there were a whole bunch, including the ones from Santa and more from Mom and Dad, along with a huge, very full stocking for each of us.

One tradition we kept for a long time was the La Senza bear. Each year, La Senza comes out with a new teddy bear for Christmas. I don't know if they still do, but they always used to name them after composers. My first one was Schubert. We must have gotten those bears every year for about a decade. I still have them all. I wish I had a picture to share of them! I'll have to dig them out some time and take one. The bears were never wrapped; we would come out to the living room and see them right away sitting on top of the presents. I was always so excited to get my new La Senza bear!

As for my favourite gift now, it's definitely books. Whether actual books or gift cards for a book store, there's nothing I like better!

No comments:

Post a Comment