Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Advent Calendar - December 7: Holiday Parties

This post is part of a series for the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories. See all my posts in this series.

Every year, my dad's side of the family all get together for a party. When I was growing up it was always Christmas Eve, but so many people had to leave early for other family get-togethers or for Midnight Mass that we eventually moved it earlier. Now it's always on the last Saturday before Christmas.

It's been held at a few different houses over the years, but for last few years it's been held at my parents' house (which, until this year, was my house too). My mom makes all kinds of hors d'oeuvres, as well as her popular meatballs, and other people bring their specialties as well.

The annual Christmas party is the only time I see a lot of people in my family, so I always look forward to it. I love seeing my younger cousins (1st cousins twice removed, technically) grow up from year to year.

No comments:

Post a Comment